Monday, November 14, 2011

Five living together

 

077

This past Saturday my younger sister got married. I was able to catch just one photo or so of us. When you are busy fussing over getting dressed and then looking out for your kids plus making last minute adjustment to all the beautiful decorations and seeing to it that all falls into place smoothly…well there just ain’t much time left for snapping pics.

Sad, I know.

But anyhow, this is me and the four that I live with 24/7. We all get along pretty well for the most part.

It started out with just one. He didn’t want to live alone ( he was afraid of the dark) so he asked me to marry him and be his wife forever or at least until I or he dies. Since my affection was so strong for this one I had no choice but to say  “YES”.

Then there were two.

One fall morning we awoke together and just like that we shared toothpaste and toilet paper. We shared our pennies and food. Our bed and our clothes ( not really our clothes) 

We just kinda HAD TO make it work. So we did. But not without a fight….

She would say, I don’t want to share my food I want to eat it in bed!

NO, the man replied, I hate when people eat in bed.

But she said, I have always ate in bed and I don’t plan on changing that now, so you might as well get used to it.

Fine. I will sleep on couch.

And so the journey of learning how to live with another one days began.

If you want a good working together family you cannot live with someone and always have your own way. ( I still eat in bed, and he sleeps on couch some nights. I don’t mind and he don’t care.)  that’s what I call working together…haha

Something happened that brought three more to live with us. Something that could not take place with me in bed and he on couch. Gosh, how I love those three that came to live with us!!!  Each one brought about more fights in different ways.

Take the baby out of the room she is distracting everyone by her crying.

She said, you take her out if you don’t want to hear it. I have her all the time.

And so the parenting days began…

ahhhh and now we flow together like ants building their homes. ( mostly, not always) There is very little tension here not much anger sometimes there is hurt or disappointments. I suppose that that is all a part of life that one can never completely get away from.  Home is comfort to me. When I think about who I should give credit to for this ( because I treasure it ) I don’t come up with just one particular person. Yes, I  give my thanks to God, I thank my husband for who he is, I bless my children and I love myself (for the most part, the other part needs plastic surgery..haha )

It takes a lot of work to work together but eventually it becomes habit and they live happily ever after. ( or so we hope )

You never know what bumps lie ahead of the journey. Bumps that can bring on new fights. What I like to see is that the more bumps you go over together the more easier it becomes to work out the next bump.

2 comments:

Music Player