Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Couch & Staples

 

My mind can only think staples right now. In fact I am sure to dream about staples, too many staples.

I bought this couch back in 2002 and when the children came along it just seemed to lose it’s beauty, it’s full color. It was a very sad and slow process. I feared often for my couch! I should have scolded anyone who would dare trample upon and spill drinks or write with pens on this couch. But I guess it is obvious that I did not give it the respect and love it deserved. So one day, it made it’s way to the basement, It was in waiting.

GEDC0826

Would we trash it? Throw blankets over it?

Just maybe there was a possibility of one day reupholstering it. MAYBE

It really still got used much even in the basement, I think secretly Elvin enjoyed it’s presence right by his office. Many a time I would find him asleep on it. I was jealous.

I shopped for another couch

I bought a cheapy to hold us over until….

I landed a beautiful set one day and we traveled to pick it up. It wasn’t the same as the one in the basement. I missed the one in the basement. Within three months I sold the set to my neighbors.

I bought another cheapy to hold us over.

ONE MORNING I DECIDED IT IS THE DAY FOR AN ADVENTURE. I WILL GO AND BUY FABRIC, BRING IT HOME, AND REDO MY LOVELY COUCH MYSELF.

GEDC0853

I sold the cheapy at my garage sale.

and then…

Oh the excitement!!

and the joy as the couch came up out of the basement!

Tuesday Morning my wonderful mother-in-law arrived at my house 8:00 sharp and the two of us took on the challenge of reupholstering my couch.

GEDC0837

It had way too many staples in it!! I pulled out staples from 8:00 till 4:00 with few interruptions. Some others helped along the way.GEDC0849

GEDC0824

GEDC0829

GEDC0856

Next day…same time… we dove back into our project. It is sitting beautiful at my side! Needs a few finishing touches yet but well on the way.

GEDC0859

 

I feel so happy!!!  (except for the staples running through my head)

WE WILL NOW TREAT THIS COUCH WITH LOVE!

in fact Valorie made a list…

GEDC0858

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad the comfiest couch ever will be back in regular use again! So where's the picture of the finished product?? Can't wait to see and try out the masterpiece! --Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, absolutely amazing. You and Mary. How do you do it? I don't even have time to vacuum under my couch cushions, much lest REUPHOLSTER the blasted thing. Where were you born anyway?
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Music Player