Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st Day of School

 

PICT0137

PICT0132 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 PICT0133

I LOVE THESE…they are full of diamonds that sparkle! Valorie picked them out and I for once was in agreement.

 

 

PICT0131 

PICT0139

This BIG yellow monster came by my house this morning and my little precious daughter just climbed on board and away they went.I am told they will return but not until the day is almost done.

 

And yes, of course the tears welled up inside of me to see her so BIG and brave! If you are anything close to a Mother this should be normal right??

 

 Tears of joy – I am so grateful that we have the opportunity in our country to learn to read and write

 

Tears of pride – I am a proud Mother of my daughter. I believe in her and my heart swells with love for who she is becoming

 

Tears of change – once again my life will change today…schedule must be

 

Tears of sadness – I will miss her so!

 

so I guess you could say I had mixed emotions when she climbed that yellow bus.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Valerie, you look beautiful with your glasses and I love the shoes!!!
    Kathy, tomorrow she will be driving herself to school. It seems like I just put Mark on the bus for his first day of school and now he is 16. Treasure these precious days. They do go by fast as everyone says.
    Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you felt is totally normal but you say it better than I ever could. I remember Jacob's first day and me thinking - why am I crying?? I mean, he'll be home in 4 hours! But I think it's the idea and all that the big yellow monster symbolizes. Tell Valerie that she looks so gorgeous!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Music Player