Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Boy and a Girl

 

There was such a huge amount of anticipation for this day,followed with much glee,joy,excitement,mixed emotions and some tears.

My fingers were crossed as we entered my doctors office for my first ultrasound. It was a family affair.  Will it be a boy or girl or both? Are all the fingers there? Is everything normal?

YES, YES, ALL IS WELL!!    And just one, not two. well actually we are getting two but one is coming in the form of a dog. One will be a girl and one will be a boy. I will let you figure out which is which.

The dog baby arrived tonight. A HUGE surprise for the kids!! I left the house telling them     “ I need to get out of the house a little and I will be back before long. “

I was so excited for this time… I had to watch my speed as I drove to McClure for this precious little baby…

IMG_1418

She was adorable!  We bonded the whole way home.

I brought her to the house in my hand bag and told the kids to close their eyes. The look on there faces nearly brought tears to my eyes.  A special moment indeed!  We will NEVER forget our dear Angel  An angel for sure   but we are so ready to embrace another puppy.

IMG_1424

BUT WAIT…Elvin spied something.

Look at it’s pee….it is in the middle of her belly!!!   ALAS IT IS A MALE!!!   OH NO, we signed up for a female.

WHAT NOW!!!  

They gave us the wrong puppy!  This is all wrong!  And the kids burst into tears!

Wails of…”we want to keep this one!” 

Stupid me that I never once thought about looking before taking off with it!

I already bonded with his one!!  AAHHHHHH 

I pick up the phone and make the call and sure enough our girl is back at the place and the boy ( which is sold and has it’s owners coming tomorrow ) is with us!

They offered to meet us half ways to switch right away. This time Elvin and kids pack up and leave to receive OUR girl boxer.

I stay home to clean cage.

SAY HELLO TO OUR LITTLE GIRL…HER NAME SHALL BE NICKY….

IMG_1429

IMG_1427

She will not leave Elvin’s side!

I bet they bonded on the ride home and now he will always be first place!

 

IMG_1434

IMG_1435

I am soooo freaking jealous!!

He has too much off a smug look on his face for my liking. oh well, I must admit it is pretty darn cute!

3 comments:

  1. You little stinker! You had me fooled with the boy/girl thing. First, I thought you were having twins. THEN, I thought you were having a baby girl. haha It's okay - I love riddles AND baby boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Kathy
    Grandpas are here now and i showed Grandma your post. So funny you got the wrong dog. Maybe we'll see Nicky this summer? Call us on Skype sometime this weekend. We love you all!! -All of us

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm officialy confused! Are you preggo with a human boy or girl? I'm thinking boy but I'm all mixed up cuz of the puppy mix up...! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Music Player